Saturday, September 17, 2005

Raindrop Madness

After leaving the raft I decided to hike to Duwamish. A gentle rain was falling and the light was fading fast. When I arrived in town there were lights shining from windows and through open doors. To add to the magic there was a smell of wood smoke in the air. I headed toward the inn from whence I could hear music. Although I was eager for company and conversation, I was in no hurry Because there was magic in the air.

Have you ever noticed
the raindrops on your glasses
when you walk about at night?
Squint a little, and you will see
street lights transformed
into silvery fish
swimming in star studded seas.
Bats flying on jeweled wings,
dancing with the stars
until they disappear
into the soft, warm darkness of the night.

The bats return,
to skim the waves of glistening oceans,
their eyes sparkling with
an awareness of their own.

Am I mad,
or just caught up in the dance?
If this be madness,
then keep your sanity
while I revel in a world of prancing lights,
silver bats,
and sparkling butterflies.

I go forth with joy into rain at night,
where sparkling lights will guide me,
and lead me into a fantasy
that is mine alone.

Have you ever noticed
the magic of raindrops on your glasses?
Of course, you have to look into
rather than through your lenses.

And those of you who don't wear glasses,
well, you're just plain out of luck.

Vi
©September 17, 2005

4 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This kind of madness sounds like magic...

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I just love this idea, two ways of seeing. Rainbows...colours.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Delightful concept, images to make one think and think

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Luna said...

Charming! I just love bats. Actually I love the mystery night brings. I'll have to look out with my glasses on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home