Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tea in the trees

Walking a well tread path
A crisp fall breeze catches me
By surprise.
It’s good to know Autumn is coming
After so much sun in Arizona and Italy.

I breathe in deeply.
A movement catches my eye.
Midnight with the star on her forehead
Greets me.
I sense a message from her:
Go to Duwamish Bay.

The Good Abbess has sent me a ride.
Thank you gentle Enchantress
Where ever you are.

We ride the trail and meet no bandits,
To my relieve.
Coming over the ridge
The awe inspiring surprise
Of that wonderful blue ocean.
The Isle of Ancestors nestles serenely
On the horizon.

I set up camp in a tree house.
It’s hardly rustic.
Opulent with velvet pillows,
Oriental rugs and tea for me.
On a plate of chocolates a card reads:

Welcome Luna,
Relax and prepare for your performance.


After a delicious cup of Earl Grey tea
in a Russian tea cup,
I write nonsense.
I reluctantly throw something awful together
and fall asleep.

Horns jubilantly announce
The beginning of the activities
I gather my things
As the half moon rises.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

I hope you do find Duwamish a Gentle Place...and if its not, just give it a tweak or two and tell it to behave!

Anita Marie

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Ah now Anita Marie! We all know every place has its gentler side. This is not Croatan now is it? Tonight, as I drew the Duwamish Bay Darryl eyed my work and waited for the mood to change. When I drew the huge owl and hooded figure he knew I was still in the Duwamish you know.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

You will find Duwamish interesting Luna. Do make sure to have a good look around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home