Friday, September 16, 2005

Reaching Duwamish Bay by Signs



Leaving the enchanted forest I had some of the answers I was looking for, and felt less like a trespasser. The mossy green woods were full of life I had forgotten about. As I went on my way out and on the path to the Bay, which I could see in the future, I rode on in wonder at the signs along the way.



I was headed in the right place, chattered the Parrot, in its own particular language that I could understand now, after being in the enchanted forest. I followed its directions and then thought I was lost.



Fortunately, a beautiful Bird of Paradise flower was pointing me in the right direction with its orange plume of flowers. Again, it had a strange language that I could now understand. Here, here, it said, pointing along the path.



I followed the direction until nightfall and I could see the lights, weary but expectant, of the Bay and the bridge I needed to cross. I followed the lights in the darkness, and felt the strength of the bridge as I rode on my trusty horse across it to the other side....

copyright words and images Monika Roleff 2005.

6 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Loved the technique, send us more. Fran

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Stay tuned! Thanks Fran!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is great Monika. Like Fran I love what you are doing with your software. It is such fun to be experimenting like this. Today I bought more Faber Castell pencils. I had a lovely time choosing shades from the selection of indivdual pencils.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

It feels weird because never know what is going to happen next - thanks and look forward to seeing those new colours in action!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

These images are so different ... they draw me into them and I see so much.

Good work!
Vi

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Thank you Vi! The cheeky parrot has a great deal to say, it seems!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home