Friday, September 23, 2005

The Winged One

Pegasus came to me like in a dream. He loved me as a child and I loved him. I would ride on his back over oceans and deserts in the moonlight. All summer we had a platonic love affair. Every night he would appear at my window and off we would go. My parents never knew I was gone. And then one day I realized the world had their hold on me and I could not go. And he was so disappointed he never came to me again.

And now would he even remember me? Would he know in my heart, I so regret having to grow up. It was not a choice, it just happened. I only wish I had one more moonlit night with him. He shared with me wonder, mysteries and to not ever to be afraid of the dark. He was my protector, my champion. And I was only a little girl with dreams of slaying demons and nightmares. I still want to slay the nightmares but I do that with my pen. And they bow down defeated and bleed black India ink.

And now my beloved Pegasus, I remember you in the bright moonlight where you gave me courage and showed me magic. I can only thank you with limp words that cannot show you how much you have meant to me. I’ll keep my window open for you.

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I only wish I had one more moonlit night with him.

Go tonight Luna. I have told Pegasus your window is open. He will be there at midnight to take you wherever you want to go.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Lemuria is where dreams come true, Luna. As soon as I got here, my dream horse Fallad acame back to me, as well as other beloved horses from my childhood, like Tinker, the gypsy horse I knew in Ireland.

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Lovely thoughts and dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home