Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I LONG TO RETURN TO DUWAMISH BAY

I like Anita Marie long to return
to that place where I feel at home
It is many months since I last visited!
I have this longing today ..why today ?
Perhaps it is that I am seeking
solace,answers,nourishment
Where will it come from I ask myself ?

Will it be from those I meet
those who travel the Soul Food way
Or perhaps my ancestor spirits
who wander in the streets at night
I feel sad that some of those
who cross my path are not of my liking
They are rude,critical,call me a dreamer

Have I seen the last of those I would call
social in their beliefs?
I hope not for if this is so
then I will be bereft.
I want those of my Father and Mothers time
Those who would hold out their hand
invite you in for a meal
Not ask for payment or praise

I will rug up well against the cold
at night when I arrive at Duwamish Bay
I know where to find that steed I travlled on
perhaps even the young handsome man who asked me to sit
behind him on the saddle so long ago
as we galloped up the hill toward the town
coming to a halt outside the inn
There I can meet those who crossed my path before
and again share a meal of hot hearty stew

I will feel refreshed if I can be as one with those
who are of " My Kind"
Those who share a feeling of the world as I do
Those who would want it to be as it was
Or am I being just a dreamer as some have said?
No I will not listen to them
I know that I can learn more from my ancestors
my friends my chosen travelling companions
It is by feeling that I go by
Soul feelings,good feelings

I am on my way
I am just waiting for the right moment
IT IS HERE ! I AM OUT THE FRONT DOOR
Bag packed this morning ,just ready for a quick departure
See you soon Ania Marie and old friends one and all.

Lois (Muse of the Sea) 18.7.06

3 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Hi Lois

Welcome to your home away from home!

Anita Marie

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

This is beautiful. Lois. Your words make me homesick, too, for my beautiful Oregon.

Vi

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is just wonderful Lois. I do remember, with great affection, your first journey to Duwamish. Well done darling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home